Parents in a suburban Kentucky school district have sent a clear message to administrators: They don’t want a teen who allegedly created a «knockout list» of students back in the classroom with their children.

Concerned parents spoke out last week after learning that the Boone County Board of Education had allowed the 14-year-old suspect to return to school despite being charged with making terroristic threats in the second degree.

«Whatever help he’s gotten, he’s still a threat,» concerned mother Deanne Corbin said at a school board meeting in Boone County, which is across the Ohio River from Cincinnati, according to a local. WLWT, NBC affiliate.

Conner High School in Hebron, Ky.
Conner High School in Hebron, Ky.google maps

Father Rob Bidleman, who said his son was on the teen suspect’s «active murder list,» struggled to contain his emotions as he described hearing about the development from Andy Wyckoff, the principal at Conner High School.

“When I got the call from the director, it was emotionally devastating,” Bidleman said. «All I could think was that my son was in danger when he did nothing wrong.»

Another parent, Karen Wells, said Wyckoff was put in a difficult situation because her own son was one of the students threatened.

“I don’t think it’s the right decision for the administration,” Wells said. “I think it puts an unnecessary burden on Mr. Wyckoff with his own son on that list. You have to be fair every day and give this child what he needs. Obviously, this kid needs a community that supports him to help him because he will one day be in our society.»

Wyckoff told NBC News on Monday that because the 14-year-old is a minor, his records are sealed and he is not aware of the status of the charges against him.

Wyckoff also insisted that his son remain at Connor High School even though he was one of the students threatened.

“I am aware that some parents have transferred their children to other schools, but I will not transfer my child,” he said.

On Friday, Boone County School District Superintendent Matthew Turner said in a letter to parents that his hands are tied and urged them to «talk to your local state legislator.»

«The Kentucky Constitution guarantees the right to a public education for all children without bias, and we are required to comply with state law,» Turner wrote.

But the children, Turner wrote, will be safe.

“I can assure you that all appropriate security measures have been taken and are in place,” the superintendent wrote. «Conner High School continues to be a safe school.»

Conner High School in Hebron, Ky.
Conner High School in Hebron, Ky.google maps

In a separate case, another 14-year-old Connor High School student was arrested last year for posting online that he was «bringing a knife to school» to kill a specific teacher, the Boone County Sheriff’s Office reported on October 19. .

That student was also charged with second-degree terroristic threats, the department said.

«That’s a different case that I’ll be dealing with soon,» Wyckoff said. «This is a good school. This is not the kind of thing we usually deal with.»