Tesla CEO Elon Musk, the world’s richest person, could be in a «no-win situation» if he ultimately decides to go ahead with a cage fight, at least from his father’s point of view.
Musk and Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg have hinted that they will go head-to-head in a mixed martial arts-style bout, but electromechanical engineer Errol Musk does not appear to be in favor of the proposal.
Errol expressed concern that his son could be labeled a «bully» if the «crazy fight» ensued.
«The thing is, if this crazy fight goes ahead, if Elon beats this guy, Elon will be called a thug as he’s so much heavier and taller,» Errol Musk told The Sun. «Whereas if he loses, the humiliation would be total.»
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
Errol added that regardless of the result, he believes his son could be seen as a loser.
«Elon loses if he wins and loses if he loses,» Errol noted. «He Wins, he’s a bully. He Loses, he’s a loser.»
GOVERNOR ABBOTT WEIGHS IN POTENTIAL MARK ZUCKERBERG-ELON MUSK CAGE MATCH: ‘BIGGEST FIGHT’
What started as a Twitter joke between Musk, who also owns and operates Twitter, and several users on the platform quickly evolved into him issuing a cage fight challenge. against Zuckerberg, who owns Facebook and Instagram.
Zuckerberg later appeared to accept the challenge, with UFC president Dana White later confirming that the two billionaires were «absolutely serious» about a potential fight.
«This would be the biggest fight in the history of the world. Bigger than anything ever done, it would break all pay-per-view records, these guys would raise hundreds of millions of dollars for charity,» he said. White told TMZ. .
A cage match between Zuckerberg and Musk could generate a lot of interest among sports fans, but according to Errol, members of the Musk family are «very concerned.» He also said that his son could have avoided the whole situation by not engaging in «high school behavior.»
«I think Elon has gotten himself into a difficult situation as a result of his high school behavior,» Errol added.
Musk’s mother, Maye, also weighed in on the potential match through a series of tweets.
«Fight with words only. On couches. 4 feet apart. Funniest person wins,» she tweeted to her son last week after he hinted the fight could take place in the UFC Octagon.
Shortly after what appeared to be a fan-generated promotional poster for the potential fight, Maye tweeted: «Now the fight has been cancelled.»
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Taking to Twitter Monday night, Musk agreed to start training with none other than UFC Hall of Famer Georges St-Pierre.
«Okay, let’s do it,» Musk responded to the retired UFC superstar, who initially posted that he was a «huge fan» of Musk and said it would be an «absolute honor» to train him.
«I am a huge fan of his and it would be an absolute honor to help him and be his sparring partner for the challenge against Zuckerberg,» St-Pierre, considered one of the greatest UFC fighters of all time, tweeted. and one of the best fighters in the history of mixed martial arts.
Lawrence Richard of Fox News contributed to this report.