Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin has previously expressed his desire to play football again.
He still faces a long road to recovery after going into cardiac arrest during a January 2 game against the Bengals.
Bills general manager Brandon Beame told reporters earlier this week that Hamlin has another doctor’s appointment, but the 24-year-old is «heading in the right direction.»
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
«We’ll get you through it all [medical consultations]and then we’ll make sure that all of our medical staff listen to all of those opinions at every visit and make sure that we’re all on the same page of what that would be like,» Beane said.
Beane also noted that Hamlin’s inquiries could end next month, though more may come up.
DAMAR HAMLIN ‘WILL BE PLAYING PRO FOOTBALL AGAIN’, SAYS NFLPA MEDICAL DIRECTOR
After being administered CPR for more than nine minutes on the football field, Hamlin was transported to a Cincinnati hospital, where he remained for more than a week.
When Hamlin woke up, the first thing he asked the doctors was who won the gamewhich had actually been postponed and then cancelled.
Last month, Hamlin publicly revealed his desire to return to the NFL.
«Eventually. That’s always the goal, like I said, as a competitor, you know, I’m trying to do things to further advance my situation,» he said. «But I’m letting that be in God’s hands. I’m grateful that he gave me a second chance.»
He added that the doctor’s main concern continues to be that he has as normal a life as possible.
«It’s a tough situation,» Hamlin said. «They can’t really say because it’s like, I guess it’s something up to me, or, you know, it’s just, it’s a long road. They’re just preoccupied with trying to get me back on track as much as they can.»
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
If Hamlin returns to the gridiron in 2023, he will likely serve as depth depth for the Bills behind starters Jordan Poyer and Micah Hyde.