Antonio Brown was kicked out of the National Arena League, but says he’s already gone back to work elsewhere.
The free agent wide receiver says he partnered with ESPN after the company’s massive layoffs.
Brown tweeted Saturday that he has a «partnership» with the brand.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
«Excited to announce my new partnership @espn,» he tweeted.
Brown made it so that only the people he follows mentioned in the tweet could reply.
He has sent fictitious messages in the past, once saying he signed with the Baltimore Ravens.
The Disney-owned network cut roughly 20 prominent jobs on Friday.
An ESPN source told Fox News Digital that high-paying employees were laid off to save point guard positions.
Some talents who lost their jobs include NFL Draft analyst Todd McShay, «Monday Night Football» analysts Suzy Kolber and Hall of Famer Steve Young, NBA analysts Jeff Van Gundy and Jalen Rose, radio hosts Keyshawn Johnson and Max Kellerman, and baseball writer Joon Lee. .
Despite cost-cutting measures, ESPN signed anchor Pat McAfee to a five-year deal worth $85 million earlier this year.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Brown is the majority owner of the Albany Empire, which was recently ousted from the National Arena League after failing to meet its financial obligations.
The 34-year-old hasn’t played in the NFL since his tirade at MetLife Stadium in the final game of the 2021 season, an incident in which he stripped off his Tampa Bay Buccaneers jersey on the sideline and ran into the locker room.
ESPN did not immediately say whether or not there is a partnership.
Fox News’ Brian Flood contributed to this report.